Want to get qualified quickly? You should try a CPD microcredential…
If you’re looking to work on your Continuing Professional Development, but don’t have much free time, a CPD microcredential could be a great choice for you. Not only can you study entirely online, you could also get qualified in just 13 weeks.
We spoke to University of Essex Online to find out more about their CPD microcredentials, and to figure out the benefits of taking one:
What is a CPD microcredential?
CPD microcredentials are short courses that help you gain and develop industry-relevant skills and knowledge in a range of sectors, from computing to health.
They’re available entirely online and allow you to get qualified in as little as 13 weeks.
So if you’re looking to keep up to date with your CPD without having to put other commitments on hold, a CPD microcredential course could be for you.
What CPD microcredential courses are available?
University of Essex Online offers nine CPD microcredential courses in three core sectors; business, health, and computing.
Here’s a rundown of each one and what they involve:
- Epidemiology: Investigate the core principles of epidemiology to understand how diseases are controlled and how to make decisions which improve public health.
- Healthcare Leadership in Practice: Learn about the different leadership styles within healthcare and how to drive performance and positive change.
- Topics in Public Health: Explore current public health issues on a global scale and learn about future considerations so you can make a difference in your own community.
- Understanding Artificial Intelligence: Consider the evolutionary aspects of artificial intelligence and discover the key concepts and algorithms within this vastly growing sector.
- Launching into Cyber Security: Deepen your understanding of cyber security by exploring common algorithm and programming practices, as well as how to design a secure information system.
- The Data Professional: Learn how to collect, analyse and interpret data to help make informed decisions within your organisation.
Why gain a CPD microcredential?
Continuing Professional Development (CPD) is important for many reasons, and a CPD microcredential will enable you to achieve this online, in as little as three months.
Here are a few benefits of CPD microcredentials:
- You’ll gain a qualification accredited by the CPD Certification Service, along with a formal record of learning. Some professions have regulatory bodies that require their members to undertake a certain amount of CPD each year to maintain their professional status or licences. Engaging in CPD ensures compliance with this.
- It’ll allow you to develop your skills in line with industry developments. Industries and professions are constantly evolving, with new technologies, regulations, and trends emerging regularly. CPD helps professionals stay ahead of these changes and adapt to new requirements.
- You’ll be qualified to carry out further academic study. On successful completion of a CPD microcredential, you’ll be able to progress onto other modules or a PG Cert, PG Dip or full Masters degree – without the need for additional study.
- It could help you develop your career and stand out to employers. CPD can enhance your professional reputation, increase your credibility, and open up new opportunities for career growth, such as promotions, salary increases, or the ability to take on more challenging projects.
Paul’s story | Essex Online CPD Microcredential student
Why study with University of Essex Online
University of Essex Online offers online and part-time degree courses and CPD microcredentials in a range of subjects, from business, law and psychology, to healthcare, criminology, and computing.
Their online courses provide students with a flexible approach to learning while receiving the same dedicated support provided by a top UK university.
Here are a few benefits of studying with them:
- Fit studying around your family and work commitments with flexible and online study
- Experience a state-of-the-art virtual learning platform which provides a range of high-quality resources
- Get support from experienced tutors, as well as the opportunity to collaborate with fellow professionals around the world
- Gain a qualification that’s awarded and validated by the University of Essex, an award-winning university with a 50-year heritage of teaching and research excellence
Want to learn more about CPD microcredentials? Enquire now.