Best credit cards with roadside assistance
Best cash back credit card for roadside assistance
You might not expect a bank to offer roadside assistance with its credit card, but TD does through AXA Asistance. Its Deluxe Auto Club membership comes along with the TD Cash Back Visa Infinite credit card. Roadside assistance coverage is 24/7, and the service calls are unlimited (to personal use only, of course). The max towing distance is up to 200 kilometres to the nearest appropriate service centre. Also included are emergency tire changes, battery boost, lost key lockout assistance, emergency fuel delivery (five litres), and even stolen vehicle emergency services and claims (accommodations, transportation, personal necessities, etc.). Get up to $200 in meals and/or accommodation reimbursement when you’re stranded due to an auto incident. And, if you’re in need of legal advice for an automotive incident, in certain circumstances, you can receive up to $300 toward the fees you paid. Travel planning and emergency car rental reimbursement are also part of the package.
- Annual fee: $139 (rebated for the first year.)
- Welcome bonus: earn 10% Cash Back on all Purchases for the first 3 months up to a total spend of $2,000. Plus, no Annual Fee for the first year. Conditions apply. Must apply online by September 5, 2023.
- Earn rate: 3% cash back on gas, grocery and recurring bill payments; 1% on all other purchases
- Annual income requirement: $60,000 for an individual, or $100,000 as a household
- Additional benefits: Deluxe TD Auto Club membership; some travel medical insurance
Interest rate: 20.99% on purchases, 22.99% on cash advances, 22.99% on balance transfers
Best instant-approval credit card with free roadside assistance
Triangle World Elite Mastercard
The Triangle World Elite Mastercard includes a Roadside Assistance Gold Plan that is worth $115 (65 for a secondary member) annually. The program includes towing for distances up to 200 kilometres per service call, with a flatbed or specialty equipment, and unlimited tows to Canadian Tire locations. Plus you get battery boosts, flat-tire changes, lockout service, fuel delivery (up to $5 of gas) and, should you get stuck in a ditch, extrication and winching. You’ll also have 24/7 service . This package is perfect for frequent road-trippers and people with long commutes. The rewards are tailored to regular Canadian Tire shoppers, but they work at other stores such as Sport Chek, Mark’s, Party City, Atmosphere, and seven other retailers. Purchases at these retailers will earn you 4% back in Canadian Tire (CT) Money. Plus, shop at grocers, excluding Costco and Walmart, to get 3% back in CT Money. Fuel spends at Gas+ and participating Husky locations have a return of $0.05 to $0.07 on the litre. (In 2024, it will also include Petro-Canada stations, too.) Your accumulated CT Money can be redeemed at Canadian Tire and participating retailers. Plus, cardholders receive exclusive discounts and offers on oil changes, car washes, entertainment, shopping, travel, hotels, attractions and more. You can apply online for instant credit and find out if you’re approved right away. Also, if you’re making a big purchase, you can also take advantage of its no fee, no interest financing on equal monthly payments for qualifying $150 minimum purchases at any of our participating retailers $150.
- Annual fee: $0
- Welcome bonus: None
- Earn rate: 3% in CT Money on the first $12,000 annually at grocery stores, excluding Walmart and Costco; 4% in CT Money on qualifying purchases at Canadian Tire, Sport Chek, Mark’s/L’Équipeur, Atmosphere, Party City, Sports Rousseau, Hockey Experts, L’Entrepôt du Hockey and participating Sports Experts stores; and 1% on everything else; As for gas, earn $0.07 per litre in CT Money on premium fuel, and $0.05 per litre on all other fuel types at Gas+/Essence+ locations and participating Husky stations,
- Annual income requirement: $80,000 annually
- Additional benefits: Roadside Assistance Gold Plan; extended warranty; personalized offers
- Purchase interest rate: 20.99%
With the BMO CashBack World Elite credit card, you get basic coverage access to the roadside assistance program with Dominion Automobile Association (DAA) for free—it costs $99 annually on its own. Coverage is 24/7, and you get up to four service calls per year. The maximum distance for towing is 10 kilometres. The service includes emergency tire changes, winching, battery boost, lost key lockout assistance and emergency fuel delivery. Coverage is free for additional cardholders.
- Welcome bonus: earn up to 10% cash back in your first three months and have the $120 annual fee waived in the first year. . Conditions apply.
- Earn rate: Earn 5% cash back on grocery purchases, 4% on transit, 3% on gas, 2% on recurring bill payments and 1% on everything else
- Additional benefits: Travel insurance, including on interruptions, cancellations and delays of trips; car rental accident insurance; Mastercard travel rewards program; purchase protection and extended warranty, up to 25% off car rentals at Alamo and Avis
- Annual income requirement: $80,000 for an individual or $150,000 as a household
- Purchase interest rate: 20.99%
Summary: Best credit cards with roadside assistance
Read more on Canada’s best credit cards: